MiroBio is looking for an experienced translational immunologist to lead a talented team of scientists supporting the development of novel biologic therapies in autoimmune disease. The position will have a focus on in vivo pharmacology and disease models, and so the successful candidate will be a holder of a Home Office Personal Licence and will preferably have prior experience of applying for and holding a Project Licence. Additionally, the role will involve supervision of in vitro experiments to investigate mechanism of action of novel therapeutics.
This will be supporting both lead and early discovery programs in immunology, and will require rigour in delivering data packages for progression to development.
- Leadership role focused on basic research activities supporting broad autoimmune portfolio
- Managing a team of scientists, supervising their experimental work, and mentoring their career development
- Write and apply for a Home Office Project Licence to enable running of in vivo models of immune mediated disease
- Work with contract research organisations to plan and co-ordinate outsourced in vivo models for DMPK and efficacy
- Develop endpoint analysis, including ex vivo profiling, to better understand drug mechanism of action
- Design and implement rigorous in vitro assays, based on thorough literature review, to support the development of therapeutic antibodies in autoimmune disease
- Act as project lead for multiple drug discovery projects
- Contribute to wider project planning, including ideas for new research projects
- Contribute to discussions and sharing research findings with colleagues in partner institutions, and research groups
- PhD in an immunology related field
- Holder of a Home Office Personal Licence and preferably prior experience of holding a Home Office Project Licence
- Relevant technical skills to assess immune responses in health and disease
- Experience supervising scientific teams
- Distinguished publication record
- Excellent written, oral, and organizational skills
- Experience in Biotech/ Pharma, ideally with biologics-based therapeutics
MiroBio is a start up company based on the Oxford Science Park. We are focused on developing biologics targeting immune checkpoint receptors.
For more information on MiroBio: www.mirobio.com
The company was recently acquired by Gilead Sciences, and is Gilead’s first international research site: https://www.mirobio.com/news/